What do we want for the holidays? New stuff. We’re horse people; we all have stuff we use every day that works just fine. Things like sets of pillow wraps that almost match, a faded halter that we can get by with for another year, grungy polos that we keep meaning to replace but never quite get around to actually replacing. Sure, we’ve all seen the holiday commercials with the giant red bow on top of the car and jewelry boxes full of sparkly diamonds, and who would complain about getting the latest and greatest most expensive, fanciest gifts? But there’s something to be said for fresh, new stuff that we get to use every day.
· How great is it to have a brand spanking new clean white set of leg quilt ?
· And bandages to match
· A fresh baby pad (or 6)
· Fluffy, pristine polo wraps, without bits and pieces stuck in the velcro.
· A schooling girth that doesn’t have one strand of horsehair embedded in it (yet).
· A bright nylon halter and matching lead, with shiny hardware.
· Spur straps that don’t have broken keepers and aren’t all stretched out.
Our friends and parents and significant other can get overwhelmed with all of the horsey gifts out there – they want to get us something we actually want and that’s actually useful – so let’s forward this list to them and look forward to enjoying new, fresh, shiny stuff to use in the new year!